Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Pain in testicle when I cough

godfather - Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:19 am

Last night I was laying in bed and started to cough and I relized I had a Pain in my right testicle....soon after I went online and started reading about synthoms of testicular cancer. One of the synthoms that I read about was growth of breast tissue,which I have had since 12 maybe 13. I went to the doctor at that age and they said it was nothing to worry about and that alot of exercise would get rid of it cuase it was only extra muscle. Also in my right testicle I have the smallest bump(really small) something you really have to look hard to find. As of right now my testicle rarley hurts when I cough but it does have a none painful tingling, I don't know if im being paronoid or not....is there anything to be concerned about?

Im 18 years of age
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:04 am

User avatar Hi godfather,
There are many conditions that result in testicular pain. The most common being injury, infection, varicoceles, testicular torsion, kidney stones, hernia, etc. Testicular cancer usually presents with a lump and an increase in size of one testicle. I would consider one of the other conditions prior to considering testicular cancer. However, and unusal growth, testicular pain, or unusual findings should promptly be reported to your physician to rule out any serious underlying condition.

|