Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: lump on my neck... Doctor can't diganose properly HELP!

jamesaroo317 - Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:39 am

I'm 13 and I have a small lump in the middle of my neck. it is hard when you press on it and just yesterday, swallowing and eating had this werid pain.i noticed it about a week ago and though it was just tired or pulled mussle. i also had a headache and dissyness. i told my dad and he gave me this anti infection tablet. i took them for 1 day. the next morning it seemed to shink slightly.

Then i went to my doctors and he couldn't diganose it. he told me it may be an infection but he wasn;t sure. He gave me some medicine that was like anti infection pills or something. he also told me that if it didn't go away in a few days, i would have to go to a sergon. i've taken the doctor's tablet a few days and it seemed to have shrunk a little.

Please help me... i don't want to go to a sergon... :cry: if there;s any more info u need, just reply.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:00 am

User avatar First of all, I need to stress how important it is to NEVER SHARE PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION. That is dangerous. Only take medication prescribed to you, by your doctor.

As for your lump, don't be scared of surgery. You will get a biopsy, will not feel a thing, it won't hurt, and you will recovery quickly.
The purpose of a biopsy is to remove the lump, and send it to a lab for testing to see what is wrong.
Most lumps are due to an infection of some kind, which is why you were prescribed antibiostics to take for awhile to see if it goes away. If it does not go away by the time you are finished with the antibiotics, then there is something else wrong. It may be serious, and it may not be. I don't think you should worry until after you have a biopsy( which you may not even need) You didn't say how long you have been on the antibiotics. It is very possible the lump will be gone by the time you are finished.
 jamesaroo317 - Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:58 am

thank you sooo much bout that... i don't feel so worried any more.
well, i have been the medication for 2 days. and also, can you please tell me what exactly is a biopsy???

ty
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:59 am

User avatar A biopsy is the surgical procedure you will have done to remove and diagnose the lump on your neck.
While under anesthesia, the doctor will cut out the lymph node, and send it to a lab to be tested to see what is causing it to be enlarged.
 jamesaroo317 - Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:40 am

hey people... it's me

the worry is over for my fortunatly!!! the lump was just a stupid infection and it has dissapeared now. i was very nevrous over the time i had the lump but now it's gone and i feel kinda stupid for being sooo worried...

just remeber that the WORST werid things that happen to you could be really stupid

lol
ty
 firefox - Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:57 am

Im replying to this simply because I did not see where to start a New Topic, if someone could help me that would be apprecitated. Anyway my problem is

A while ago I woke up in the morning after a night of quite intense sweating (night sweat) something that usually does not occur. I immediately felt a tender sensation on both sides of my neck just beneath the jaws. I supposed this sensation was related to the lymph nodes in this location. The tender feeling became most present as I turned the head to either side, did not hurt very much though. Hard to tell if the glands where enlarged or not, no similar feeling in other glands in the body. However this tenderness went away during the course of the day and towards the evening there was nothing to be felt. No further symptoms.

Maybe I`m just a bit paranoid as the symptoms went away so fast, but Ive searched the internet quite a lot in order to find out what caused the symptoms without any success. I am eager to know what caused it, would I have something to worry about? Anyone know if it could be caused by infections or something else? Help would be very appreciated

|