Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lumps in the lymph nodes

jimswife - Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:48 pm

I have two lumps on the lymph node right neck. I was told by the nurse practioner that it was probably an infection of the lymph nodes and gave me keflex with no blood work. Went back to my primary physician two weeks later and she said she couldn't tell what it is and refer me to the Ear,Nose, Throat specialist. I have a history of breast and thyroid cancer and am afraid it may be cancer. I am tired all the time and have pain and heaviness in the lower head, neck and shoulders.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:06 pm

User avatar Dear Jimswife,

With your previous history of both breast and thyroid cancer (and especially the thyroid) i would be really vigilant about getting a fast and reliable answer about the nature of these lymph nodes as they may represent recurrence of the thyroid cancer. Most probably you had a thyroidectomy, taking synthroid and following with an endocrinologist. Recurrence or extension of the thyroid cancer to the lymph nodes of the neck depends on the type of thyroid cancer. Your tsh test should be followed by an endocrinologist to be able to adjust your synthroid dose (to decrease tsh to inhibit the growth of any thyroid tissue). My advice is to schedule an appointment with your doctor who is following your thyroid cancer as a first step.

Thank you very much for using our wesbite http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

|