News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: neck mass 4x4 cm

hannahgrace - Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:21 am

I'm a 19 yo female in okay health. I went to a GP a couple weeks ago for an earache that had been hanging on for about 4 weeks. I figured, while I was there, I should bring up the lump that had been present on the left side of my neck (same side as earache/about an inch or so below my earlobe, under the jaw line) for 2 or 3 years and seemed to be getting rapidly larger the past few weeks. Both ears looked fine as did my throat and nose. The GP measured my mass and told me it was 4 cm x 4 cm and was definitely large enough to be causing the ear pain. (It's hard and fixed and painless and can easily be seen when my hair is pulled back.) He told me to see an ENT as soon as possible. My appointment is next Monday. Should I be worried? What should I expect?
 hannahgrace - Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:44 am

Saw the ENT. He ordered a CT w/ contrast. The scan showed what looks to be a noncancerous tumor. Doc says it definitely needs to come out, and he wants to involve a vascular surgeon because of the tumor's location. I have a consult with the vascular surgeon on Tuesday.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here