Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: testical feeling of weight

terryjhickey - Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:02 am

My left testical feels as if it has weight - sometimes, not all the time. My scrotum is black and blue - especially after activity. I have a sensation in my lower abdomen - I would not describe it as pain - It does not prevent me from activity, but I notice a sensation. I am 40 years old and in very good shape. I have spent time in Iraq - many stressful situations. I go back and forth with my thoughts as to what this can be. I will see a doctor after the holidays, unless you think this can not wait. Any help is appreciated.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:28 pm

There are many possible causes of testicular pain, these include: trauma or surgery; infections such as epididymitis or orchitis; varicocele and hydrocele; cancer; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion.

Pain can also be referred to the testicles from conditions such as ureteric stones or spinal pathology.

The fact that your scrotum becomes blue or dark during the pain could be due to congestion.

Here are some information about common causes of testicular pain:

-Blue balls is a temporary congestion in the scrotum and prostate region that commonly results when prolonged sexual stimulation of the erect penis does not end with in orgasm and ejaculation.

- Varicoceles are commonly seen on the left side than in the right due to different anatomic factors. They cause discomfort and pain of aching nature.

- Hernia: It Occurs when the local support tissues weaken, allowing loops of the bowel to slip from the abdomen into the groin. Usually, the pain and may be a bulge when standing upright, movement, or bearing down are present.

-Testicular cancer usually affects only one testicle. It rarely present with pain or discomfort in a testicle or the scrotum.

- Spasm in the muscles due to spinal problems may be referred to the scrotum.

Direct physical examination is essential.

|