Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Lump in armpit

Tzabawa - Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:04 am

I am 30 years old and beside recently having half of my thyroid removed due to a 6cm non-toxic goiter. I am in good health, I noticed a lump in my right arm pit about the size of a marble it is rubbery feeling but not tender to touch. I am haveing pain in my shoulder that feel like a pinched nerve that is cont. getting worse I have been to 5 Dr. 3 told me it was a lymph node 1 said it was a lipoma and the surgeon that removed my thyroid said it was a tendon. The 3 dr. that told me it was a lymph node recommended I see a surgeon. So now I am confused as to what I should do because regardless of what it is something needs to be done cause of the pain and weakness. Ihave had it now for about 3 mos . I do notice some night sweats but not sever and some icthing but mostly on my back and I have tina verisacolor
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:05 am

User avatar It could be a lipoma, although they are usually soft and moveable. They are not dangerous, only unsightly and can be bothersome depending upon where they develop. Lymph glands tend to be firm to hard and not moveable. Swollen lymph glands with active infection tend to be painful. Sometimes they remain pronounced after an infection has resolved and are usually very solid to the touch.

Just to be on the cautious side, you should take doctor #3's advice and see a surgeon just to rule out anything more serious.

Of course, these are suggestions, no one can accurately diagnose this without a thorough examination.

Your shoulder pain is probably not related. Shoulder pain is very common with any type of neck pain/strain which can happen with stress and/or degenerative joint disease and of course a tendon strain of some sort.

|