Forum Name: Bone infections

Question: ribcage pain

ds28 - Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:22 am

:( i am very much in pain.i have pain in my ribcage,spinal coprd and in jopints since my delivery before 1 yr .docter said that i have gaps inbetween my vertrebral colums but i don't know why my ribcage is so painful.i have severe backpain and ribcage pain.
 derek - Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:48 am

ds28 wrote::( I am very much in pain.
I have pain in my ribcage,
spinal coprd and in jopints since my delivery before 1 yr .docter said that I have gaps inbetween my vertrebral colums but I don't know why my ribcage is so painful.
I have severe backpain and ribcage pain.

hi ds 28
I am almost acertain that the pain you are experienceing in your rib cage is due to the intravertebral spaces. what happenes in this case is that the space between the vertebrea is beginning to seperate the ribs and the only main treatment can be to take oral analgesics
 budgie - Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:08 am

Rib Pain

Bent down to fasten my shoe laces Had a lot of clothing on. As I bent down heard a cracking noise thought is was m y braces that had snapped. thereafterwards had rib pain Went to doctor not sure if muscle damage or rib damage. Now had for 8 weeks slight improvement but difficulty sleeping and still painful. what should I be doing to help cure or could it more more serious than thought? DG
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:34 am

With questionable fractures in the ribs, it is important to get an xray. This helps determine the extent of the damage including lung tissue involvement.
Pain control is also important. Normal respiration will move the rib cage and cause pain in a fractured rib or strained intercostal muscle (between the ribs).
Analgesics like acetaminophen or NSAIDS along with heating pad are often helpful.

|