Question: Broke my little toe!

skirkpa - Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:20 pm

I have had enough broken toes to know that it is positively broken... I am being pressured to have a Dr. look at it, but why? It is ugly, very bruised, with the bruise extending in a radius 2-3 inches from the toe and swollen as well. I did hear it "pop" when I moved THROUGH the doorway and my little toe made a left. Nothing to do but let it heal, right?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:31 am

User avatar Hi skirkpa,
Whomever is pressuring you to have an evaluation is just trying to look out for your best interest. Depending on the location or severity of a fracture determines if and what kind of treatment is necessary. Pain medications, instructions for activity, etc. to minimize swelling, discomfort, and further injury, may be madeavailable at the time of evaluation.

|