News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Broke my little toe!

skirkpa - Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:20 pm

I have had enough broken toes to know that it is positively broken... I am being pressured to have a Dr. look at it, but why? It is ugly, very bruised, with the bruise extending in a radius 2-3 inches from the toe and swollen as well. I did hear it "pop" when I moved THROUGH the doorway and my little toe made a left. Nothing to do but let it heal, right?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:31 am

User avatar Hi skirkpa,
Whomever is pressuring you to have an evaluation is just trying to look out for your best interest. Depending on the location or severity of a fracture determines if and what kind of treatment is necessary. Pain medications, instructions for activity, etc. to minimize swelling, discomfort, and further injury, may be madeavailable at the time of evaluation.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here