News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Paralysed from the lower back down upon waking

bluecosmicstar - Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:09 am

I have had spinal problems for a number of years now, but as of late when i awake i find i am in considerable pain, and i am paralysed from the lower back down, until i can pull myself over onto my side and ease myself up. I am really getting worried that i will end up in a wheelchair very soon as i am only 34 and have quite an active life, please help me?
 paj1984 - Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:45 pm

I too have lower back pain upon waking a lot, I cannot sit up and have to turn over sometimes onto my knees to get out of bed. Only when i am up right after urinating, the pain seems to ease.

I have never been to the doctor as I just asumed it was maybe my matress or the way i sleep.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone about this :?
 Merri - Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:05 pm

Like you really can't move. If I was in your situation, I'd be seeing dr right way, something could be getting compressed while laying down, many possibilites. I often wake with lower back pain and I know I have some scoliosis but as of late its harder to move in the am and I'm debating calling a dr. I'd make an appt-just my opinion.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here