Question: Help! Pinky Finger popped out of knuckle!...?

Chojja - Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:34 pm

Hi, the other day i got into a fight and minutes later i realized my pinky finger was out of the knuckle. i popped it back in and my hand started to swell alot. Its hurting alot right now. it seems like i cant even feel my knuckle and seems like its not even there. Can anyone give me tips on treatment and tell me how long it will take to heal? there are tryouts for badminton right now and i cant even hold a racket! :( :cry: [/list]
 carolannah - Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:18 pm

Hello Chojja,

If you have not done so in the past half hour since you posted this request for "healing tips" you should get yourself to a medical professional as soon as humanly possible. Numbness may indicate nerve damage and the sooner it is seen and properly dealt with the better off you will be in the long run. Forget the badminton for awhile, and please, once you have healed try to avoid any further fighting.

Good luck,

carolannah
 Chojja - Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:55 pm

i paid a visit to the doctor's a few days back, he told me to use the buddy tape method to support my pinky. he inspected my hand and said there were no broken bones.

what i meant was, on my left hand the knuckle is solid and prominent, but on my right the knuckle feels soft and painful to clench my fist. when i compare my two hands physically, my right seems to not have a knuckle on the pinky.

i am sure that i do not have nerve issues in my right hand. i also
have a badly bruised palm. the color of it its greenish-yellow.

|