News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Knee gave way and swollen

robuk - Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:36 pm

HI

I was getting into a car last Thursday evening and my right leg just gave way and i heard a loud crunching snapping sounds. The paramedic came before an ambulance as i could not move and the pain was so intense. The paramedic said it was my knee had come out of it's socket and after trying 3 times he managed to get my knee back in places it kept coming back out. I had Xray and was told it was all ok but needed to go to the fracture clinic the following day. Anyway i have not been back since because i was got the flue and thought it would just mend itself. My knee at present is swollen more now like a balloon than when i first did it 7 days ago and my thigh and foot have also started to swell.I can't put my leg fully on the ground as it hurts to much and my leg is bent and seems stuck in a locked position as i can only bend it so much and just taking pain meds all the time for it.

I was looking for a place to attach a picture to show how swollen but can't see one...anyway I was planning to go to get it seen at the fracture clinic this coming monday but how it looks now thought i would ask for advice if i need it seen to sooner. Thank you

Rob
 derek - Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:12 am

hi Rob
I think what has happened to your knee is very common in people with dislocations. Fluid has built up in the knee and has made it become inflammed. I would go to A&E if it is getting this bad and they will most likely drain it and then send you to the fractures ward.
derek
 derek - Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:58 am

bump

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here