Forum Name: Bone infections

Question: bone abscess?

eh384 - Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:00 pm

I am a 30 y.o male who had a left ulnar nerve transposition, and tricep tendon repair on 12/19/05. Two sutures were placed from the tendon into holes drilled into the olecranon, and tied down. I've been going to PT twice a week for about 3 weeks now. Anyway, last night my therapist noticed a hard, raised lump, approx 4mm x 4mm located just a few centimeters towards the hand, and towards the inside of the arm on the bone. It doesn't hurt, hoever, its not moveable, and feels like it's attached to the bone itself. My wife feels like it has gotten bigger since yesterday. Since they didn't use any screws or nails in my surgery, the only thing I can think of is an infection. Any ideas?
 derek - Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:57 am

eh384 wrote:I am a 30 y.
o male who had a left ulnar nerve transposition, and tricep tendon repair on 12/19/05. Two sutures were placed from the tendon into holes drilled into the olecranon, and tied down. I've been going to PT twice a week for about 3 weeks now. Anyway, last night my therapist noticed a hard, raised lump, approx 4mm x 4mm located just a few centimeters towards the hand, and towards the inside of the arm on the bone. It doesn't hurt, hoever, its not moveable, and feels like it's attached to the bone itself. My wife feels like it has gotten bigger since yesterday. Since they didn't use any screws or nails in my surgery, the only thing I can think of is an infection. Any ideas?

Hello
the problem that you speek of could be any number of problems. infections are a good guess, however, the chances are that the infection would be on the bone and moveable. it could just be an inflammation of the bone due to the intense trauma of the strain, or even the drilling of the bone. it could be anything like I said. I would be inclined (from what you stated in your statement) to say that you are suffering from steomyelitis of even a bone abbsess

|