News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone infections

Question: Bone pain everywhere

Norabatty - Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:09 pm

Last year I had a constant headache for around 6 months, not severe...just always there. That was diagnosed as tension headache and the doctor said it was probably my sleeping position causing it.

Its now gone but seems to have been replaced with bone pain everywhere from my chest, arms, legs, feet and hands. I seem to have alot of pain around my ribcage and left shoulder blade...infact the pain in general is usually localised to the left side but can sometimes be felt in the right side too.

Doctor doesnt know what it is but has given me dicloflex which I assume is a painkiller? I don't want to mask the pain though, I want to know what is causing it.

Its not severe, its like shooting pains that come on now and again and last for a few minutes before moving somewhere else.

I have recently been diagnosed with anaemia, could this have something to do with it?

Any ideas apretiated.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:16 am

User avatar Hi Norabatty,
The medication dicloflex is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID's) and should help decrease pain. Anemia itself would not cause bone pain but would cause symptoms, ie., pallor, shortness of breath, fatigue, etc. Was the etiology of the anemia itself determined? Were there any diagnostic studies, ie., xrays, CT Scan/MRI, bone scan to identify the causative factor or if an underlying pathology is present?
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here