News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Excess fluid on my hip?

mtbi survivor - Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:17 pm

Hi, I am a female 26 years old, my birthday is this month, so I will be 27. My question relates to my hip, but I do need to give some history. In August of 2003 I was in a serious car accident that left me with two severly comminuted fractures, one of my left elbow, and one of my right wrist. I also had a dislocated left hip. I as well suffered a mild traumatic brain injury. None the less my question is about my hip. I have had an MRI on it that showed nothing remarkable except excess fluid on my hip. My orthopedic surgeon would not comment on it. I do not know what this means. But I am in pain. My hip is consistently sore, at first it started being in pain intermittedly with no ryme or reason, but now it has gotten to the point where I must move every so often because of the discomfort level. I work in an office and am at a computer most of the day. Every once in a while it feels as though my hip despereatly needs to be cracked but just won't. And sometimes when it does crack it feels like heaven. It has recently started to hurt that side of my hip when I evacute my bowels, and I am concerend that this is of greater importance than what my surgeon feels. I am worried about avascular necrosis and osteoarthritis. What could possibly cause excess fluid on my hip? and what do my symptoms mean? I would appreciate any opinions on the matter, thank you for taking the time to read my email. This is a wonderful thing you lovely peoiple are doing.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:51 am

User avatar Hi mtbi survivor,
Generally speaking, "excess fluid in the hip" would be an abnormal finding. In some cases, aspiration of fluid is completed for evaluation to identify if an infectious process is present. I certainly hope you have had a re-evaluation.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here