News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Nerve damage/compression spine-neck ?????

tuisfeather - Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:45 am

Hi ya
6 years ago i experienced a severe headache with spins, ususual because i don't get to many H.A's, Doc diagnosed as Tonsils
3 months after this, and after having spasms in top left lip, i experienced what many others here are feeling, a tingling itchy feeling at the top of the head, this was followed by what i can only decribe as an electrical charge shooting from mid spine to top of head where sensation was,
other symptoms incl dizzy spells, pain at the area described above, difficulty in moving left eye, neck pain, left arm pain and severe weakness in arm, back pain, upper and lower,
Left face pain, a lump under the left ear, the pain is 24/7, falling over walking into things, best described when the pain gets severe, i feel like only half my brain is there
This occured in the czech repunlic, in 2000,
initially Doc thought it was anxiety, while this naturally occurs about 3 days after a change in severity, Psychologist however refered me back to Doc,
At this point, i am refered to physio, this has help a great deal, and certain area's shoot pain up to the top of head "as above" yet there is at times more pain'which i expect, severe sneezing and clearing of sinus, though its not blocked
there is also muscle wastage on the left neck and shoulder area,
Stress is not an issue, then or now, neck muscles are relaxed, posture ok
I am 47, male, MRI and Scan ok, except a little fluid on the right mastoid
I am a little worried about the muscle wastage, as this signals a possible serious nerve or spinal problem
any idea's would be helpful, so i can press my Doc to look deeper into this
THankyou
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:56 am

User avatar Hi tuisfeather,
You may want to inquire with your physician about some other diagnostic studies, ie., nerve conduction velocity study, Electromyography (EMG), etc., to assist in diagnosis of the causative factor for your symptoms.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here