Question: Post boxers fracture - tingling and tendon protruding

MikeW - Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:06 pm

Hi there

I found this site for another reason, but while i'm here i'd like to ask about this if I may..

I had a boxers fracture, needed rebreaking after it healed as it was out of tolerance - I had a GA for the rebreak and they used a cast to realign it. That was about 18 months ago.

Since then, particularly in last 3 months at work (desk job) I get tingling in the affected "little finger" which extends down my hand. The tendon associated with that finger protrudes, and can be a little tender.

My questions are, a) i'm assuming its not norma? b) what could be done about it, aside from resetting c) Was the previous fix inadequate?

Mike

Pic: Image
 MikeW - Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:28 am

Any advice would be appreciated please - I should go to a dr really I guess. The tingling is getting worse and interfering with my work (typing).