News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Post boxers fracture - tingling and tendon protruding

MikeW - Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:06 pm

Hi there

I found this site for another reason, but while i'm here i'd like to ask about this if I may..

I had a boxers fracture, needed rebreaking after it healed as it was out of tolerance - I had a GA for the rebreak and they used a cast to realign it. That was about 18 months ago.

Since then, particularly in last 3 months at work (desk job) I get tingling in the affected "little finger" which extends down my hand. The tendon associated with that finger protrudes, and can be a little tender.

My questions are, a) i'm assuming its not norma? b) what could be done about it, aside from resetting c) Was the previous fix inadequate?

Thanks
Mike

Pic: Image
 MikeW - Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:28 am

Any advice would be appreciated please - I should go to a dr really I guess. The tingling is getting worse and interfering with my work (typing).

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here