News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: MRI results on neck

carol05 - Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:53 pm

46 y/o female with lower back pain as well as neck, shoulder and right arm pain. Cervical MRI shows: Chiari 1 malformation, Mild lower cervical spondylosis, and incidental C7 vertebral hemangioma. I also had an MRI on my back and have DDD and spondylosis L4-5. I am having epidural injections on my back this week. What concerns me is my neck. My dr tells me the hemangioma completely fills the body of the C7. He wants to watch this to see if it will shrink. Should I get a 2nd opionion?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:11 pm

User avatar Dear carol05,
You have just started the treatment this week, if symptoms do not improve in the coming few days, you better consult your physician to know what is the possible treatment approach he would recommend according to your case.
Hemangiomas of bone require treatment only if they cause symptoms. Radiation therapy are preferred by some doctors to treat vertebral hemangiomas that are causing symptoms. Others advise arterial embolization. Open excision is rarely indicated to decompress the the spinal cord.
Best regrds,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here