News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Joint surgery

Question: ULnar Release Post-Surgery Numb Skin..Help

flunkie - Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:26 pm

Hi,

I had an Ulnar Release operation on Friday (24/2/06). Having removed the bandage and replaced the dressing I have notice that the skin to the left of the scar, covering approximately 3 square inches is completely numb. What is going on? Is this normal? I am really worried becuase this was not mentioned to me as a potential side effect. Can someone let me no if this is likely to be serious damage.

Cheers,

Mike.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:31 am

User avatar Hi flunkie,
It is possible that during this surgical procedure, regardless of how carefully the procedure is done, to have nerve injury to other nerves located in the incision area. Keep in mind that I am not implying that this is the cause of your numbness but that it is one possibility. When you go back into the physician's office be sure to explain your particular symptoms and I am sure he/she will be able to identify the causative factor.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here