News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Knee

sslccop - Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:10 am

I am a 36 yo male with a bad right knee. In 2001 I dislocated my right knee inward and developed a reoccurring patella subluxation. I had a medial reefing, Lateral release and exstensor realignment to correct the problem. It worked for about 8 months and then the problem started again. I had a second surgury in Jan 2002 and I have not had any major problems since. I do have occasional pain from cartilage loss but that is about all.

Last weel I fell on the ice and I landed on my right knee. Actually I landed with my rearend on my right foot with my knee and leg bent and under me. I initially felt a small pop, not loud or painful, but I could not put weight on it. In a few minutes I was able to walk on it, but with pain. Since that time the pain has persisted and at times it is bad. The pain is not located where my first injury was, but on the outside of my knee below the joint. There is no swelling or discoloration. My knee also does not seem to be unstable. I have been walking and moving with pain but no other issues.

Do you have any idea what this could be?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:41 am

User avatar Hi sslccop,
I certainly hope you had an evaluation by your physician along with some diagnostic studies/MRI. For example, when there is an injury to the meniscus in the knee a popping noise may be experienced. Symptoms may include pain, swelling, stiffness, etc. An evaluation would identify if this is the cause of your symptoms.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here