News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: I think i may have broken my elbow....Help Please

Kasey - Sun May 30, 2004 2:39 am

ok i fell off my bike yesterday...landed on my elbow...i couldnt move it at first...but today i can move it pretty well but it really hurts when i do...when i make a fist it hurts or move my fingers it hurts...there is a little swelling and a big bruise...and my elbow feels tense...could it possibly be broken?
 Kasey - Sun May 30, 2004 3:09 am

srry but i have one more question...i broke my wrist about a year ago and when i rotate my wrist i hear a grinding and sometimes it pops...and sometimes when it pops its hurts..what does that mean???
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun May 30, 2004 5:17 am

User avatar Hi Kasey,
It would be very difficult to say if you have a broken bone over the internet. You can be a better judge of that given your previous accidents. I think you should go and see your doctor. He will be able to tell you by examination what the chances are that you have a broken bone. He may require that you perform and x-ray and will probably place you on pain killers.

Best of luck,
 Kasey - Sun May 30, 2004 12:09 pm

you didnt anser my other question...i broke my wrist a year ago and everytime i rotate my wrist it sound like grinding and sometimes it pops...and when it pops it hurts. what does that mean?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun May 30, 2004 8:05 pm

User avatar Typically the "popping" you have comes from a sprained ligament that's causing laxity in the joint. The looseness in the joint allows tendons or ligaments to snap over each other or other bones, causing the popping sound.
 Kasey - Sun May 30, 2004 9:56 pm

but my wrist isnt sprained or anything i have full movement....and could i have something done about it?? i mean do i gotta see a doctor...this has been going on for a while.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon May 31, 2004 1:26 am

User avatar Kasey,
I think you should go and see a doctor for your recent problem. While you are doing that you can tell him about the popping. Like I said its the looseness in the joint that allows tendons or ligaments to snap over each other or other bones, causing the popping sound.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here