News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Upper back tingling

matthew111 - Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:56 pm

Hello, since december of 05 I experienced some upper to mid back pain, I couldn't keep an upright posture without serious pain and had to slouch forward or get relief from using a chair with a back rest. Since then the pain has pretty much gone, every now and then I will get a bit of aching in the area near the left shoulder blade. My main concern is the tingling that I get everyday when I use my left arm... even when I pick up a simple object like a cup I get this tingling (no pain) near my shoulder blade.

I start doing yoga but am unsure if I should continue... I thought the problem was probably due to sitting at the computer for many hours everyday and getting little exercise (weakened / tight back muscles).

Is this likely because of bad posture or something? I have no memory of getting an injury, this just came on sometime late last year.

Thanks

Matt
 Schitzo - Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:57 pm

I had pretty similar symptoms. For me it was in my mid upper back, more to one side. I'd get the numbness and tingling. I still get it, and it still bothers me. I went to see my dr. about it, and they told me it likely was a pinched nerve, and that there's really not a whole lot they can do. he suggested i continue to exercise, so your yoga should be fine. Bad posture is likely the culprit! (was for me anyway)

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here