Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: back out of cavity?

samfed - Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:38 pm

I'm a 34 year old male who has had no diagnosis, surgeries... involving what I think is a disorder. But I do have a fraternal twin with the same problem. I've always been more humped over than the normal person. My spinal cord sticks out on my neck when I bend slightly, something which I don't notice in others when I test them bending. My spine sticks out in the middle of my back. But many bizarre things happen that I know involve my spine due to 100s of the same experiences yielding the same problems. When I do physical activity or repeated bending, my visions goes off slightly. When I bob my head in an open area too long like walking in a mall, my vision goes off. When I lay say reading a book on one side my vision may go off. The problem use to be a lot worse until I learned to be more upright and have better posture. The vision will only go off for awhile. Sometimes though it will go off for a week or longer. I do wear contacts but the problem was there with glasses too. Vision isn't the only problem. Recently my hearing went out of my right ear for 4 months. No I didn't get my ear drained because I new it was to do with my back. This has happened before. My back will really go off to the right or left sometimes and I can feel the top of the spine on the top of my head to the far left sometimes. When my spine straightened out some more or loosened up a bit my hearing returned.
As you can see I'm very sensitive to this problem. Another trouble I have is my spine, if shortened when doing weightlifting, will cause my back to stay shortened for maybe weeks and along comes the impaired vision.
Also I notice that I have extremely knobby knees. My hips are maladjusted compared to everyone because I see the way they sit more forward while I sit more back on my hips. I notice no chair contours contour to my back. Anyway I believe from head to toe I have a real problem. I should have done something about in my youth but somehow I got through. I would love to get some advice.
Thanks.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:38 am

It is difficult to tell from your description the exact cause or correlation between your back problems and your vision and hearing disorder.

It might be two separate problems:
You might have a Kyphosis which is a curving of the spine that causes a bowing of the back. An orthopedic consultation and a simple X-ray would help in diagnoses of the vertebral problem.

The second part (vision and hearing troubles) is due to Middle ear disorders.
ENT examination is also essential.

-lt might be a Transient ischemic attacks associated with certain forms of spinal disorders (if any), although there must be other symptoms and signs of nerve compression.TIA is due to temporary decrease in the blood supply of the brain.

Complete neurological evaluation and a radiographic assessment for structural abnormalities in the cervical spine is advisable. Routine cervical X-rays, flexion/extension cervical X-rays, an MRI maybe recommended by your Doctor after complete physical assessment.

Keep us updated.

|