News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Right upper thigh and leg pain

oldhen - Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:16 pm

Hi I have had a time First thought my injury was from heart cath but I stiil am having severe pain in leg when I get up from chair and get up from bed.

I am limping all the time. Its been 3 months. I wonder if it could be a fracture cause when I try to climb steps I cry out in terriable pain.

Can anyone help me
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:23 am

User avatar Hello,

I advise you to seek neurological consultation.

This pain could be due to:

Pathologic diseases affecting hip joint and cause pain may range from a muscle or tendon strain to, osteoarthritis, to more serious conditions like femoral neck stress fracture.
MRI is of choice in diagnosis.

In MRI negative individuals, inflammation of the sacroiliac joint is suspected and special tests and maneuvers can help in the diagnosis.

- Herniated disk, in which the inter-vertebral disc press on the nerves & other spinal disorders should be excluded.
MRI is of choice.

Direct neurological examination is very important.

Keep us updated.
 oldhen - Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:10 pm

Hi I went to the doctor last Thursday and they took an xray of hip nothing wrong.
Then they sent me for MRI this morning. I stopped at the desk and had the girl ask if my primary doctor could prescribe me something for pain. So she asked and he said NO not untill he gets the results of the MRI why is that why do I have to suffer in excrutiating pain?
They told me they thought it is a pinched nerve in my lower spine wrapping around down my inside of groin and down leg.
They also said sciatiaca but I don't have pain in the back of my leg.
Any suggestions how I can get some medicine would sure be nice.
Thanks
oldhen

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here