News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: neck/back muscles swollen on left side of body

dorsey_247 - Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:09 pm

I am 24 year old female. I have been off depo shot since Oct., not currently taking birth control. My neck and back muscles on the left side of my body are swollen and feel inflamed. What do you think could be causing this? I have a doc. appt. this week but, I'm kinda worried about it, what do you think it is. Last night I popped my neck and I heard a popping sound after I cracked it, when I turned my head to the left. Any medical input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:46 pm

User avatar Sorry for the late reply. The only thing I really can think of is that you may have strained these muscles.

Infectious causes would be unlikely to cause a one-sided issue.

A blood clot could potentially do this; however, the area seems quite large for a blood clot. One that is affecting the neck and down the back would likely cause other symptoms as well.

Let us know what you find out. Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here