News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Messed up hand

mrc481 - Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:15 am

alright, so i punched a steel door at school out of frustration, came home and punched a wooden dresser in my house a few days ago. i've been accidently banging the same hand on different various objects such as windows and doors since. There was no bruising but my hand appears to be swollen around my pinky area. I can still move my fingers and my hand with ease but there is a small stinging pain regardless of movement. when I make a fist it causes great discomfort in my pinky knuckle and when I lay my hand flat on a flat surface, there is a hard lump that is not on my other hand which appears to be my knuckel pushed back.. its soar to put pressure on my knuckle and my bone in that area. just wondering whats wrong with it and i have not been to see a doctor yet. i'm a 17 year old male by the way
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:40 pm

User avatar It is quite possible that you have a fracture of the bone.

I would recommend that you see your doctor to get an x-ray. Occasionally, hand fractures need to have some casting or repairs done to keep the range of motion from being impaired.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here