Question: Messed up hand

mrc481 - Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:15 am

alright, so i punched a steel door at school out of frustration, came home and punched a wooden dresser in my house a few days ago. i've been accidently banging the same hand on different various objects such as windows and doors since. There was no bruising but my hand appears to be swollen around my pinky area. I can still move my fingers and my hand with ease but there is a small stinging pain regardless of movement. when I make a fist it causes great discomfort in my pinky knuckle and when I lay my hand flat on a flat surface, there is a hard lump that is not on my other hand which appears to be my knuckel pushed back.. its soar to put pressure on my knuckle and my bone in that area. just wondering whats wrong with it and i have not been to see a doctor yet. i'm a 17 year old male by the way
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:40 pm

User avatar It is quite possible that you have a fracture of the bone.

I would recommend that you see your doctor to get an x-ray. Occasionally, hand fractures need to have some casting or repairs done to keep the range of motion from being impaired.

|