News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Can my foot be broken after a fall?

spensaid0003 - Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:15 pm

Hello, I fell about 10 days ago on carpet (my foot got caught in my opposite pant leg & down I went). My right foot hurt some that night. The next day was a completely different story. It really hurt to walk & it was intense pain if I stepped on something that pushed my arch up. This pain lasted for about 2 days. Now it is just tender and slightly painful when I walk, push on it.

The pain is (I believe) in my 5th metatarsal mostly tender on the top. It is more tender than painful. No swelling, bruising or redness. Only slight pain/discomfort when I walk (moreso when I bend it (arch)).

Could it be broken? I have not found any info on if a break can be without swelling, intense pain. I am wondering if I need to have an x-ray? I don't want to overreact (& pay all the copays) - but I also don't want to risk permanent damage.

Female
No meds
No diagnoses or surgeries that would affect my foot. Except maybe arthritis, scoliosis.

Thanks for you time. All of us on here truly appreciate all that you do!!!
 spensaid0003 - Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:19 pm

Upon further examination (sorry). It hurts when I put weight on it and roll my foot heel to toe when I walk. I guess I have been protecting it & not rolling it or putting my full weight on it. But still, I would describe it as only tender & not pain. Maybe a 2 or 3 out of 10??? Thanks again!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here