Question: Questions in regard to posted x-rays of clavicle plate.

steve f - Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:18 pm

I am a 35 yr. old male, on March 8th I had a motorcross accident that broke my right clavicle and scapula. The x-rays posted are 4 wks. post op. of my surgery to have a plate put in. I am curious if there is any evidence of bone growth and does it appear to be healing correctly? At what point during my recovery should I begin more daily movements? Others that I spoken with that are my age have had their arms lifted above their heads just days after surgery. I was told to begin small circles with the arm hanging at my side and not to try and lift my arm for an addition 4 wks.

[img][img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/stvmoto/IMG_0281.jpg[/img][img]
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:42 pm

User avatar The fracture is still clearly seen but it looks like there is some evidence of bone callous formation indicating healing. It's a little hard to tell for sure from my viewing of the x-ray.

I would strongly recommend that you follow the advice of your orthopedic surgeon regarding when to start using your arm more. Your surgeon knows your particular case the best.

steve f - Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:18 pm

Thanks for the reply.here is another view of the fracture.
[img][img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/stvmoto/IMG_0282.jpg[/img]

|