News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Questions in regard to posted x-rays of clavicle plate.

steve f - Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:18 pm

I am a 35 yr. old male, on March 8th I had a motorcross accident that broke my right clavicle and scapula. The x-rays posted are 4 wks. post op. of my surgery to have a plate put in. I am curious if there is any evidence of bone growth and does it appear to be healing correctly? At what point during my recovery should I begin more daily movements? Others that I spoken with that are my age have had their arms lifted above their heads just days after surgery. I was told to begin small circles with the arm hanging at my side and not to try and lift my arm for an addition 4 wks.

[img][img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/stvmoto/IMG_0281.jpg[/img][img]
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:42 pm

User avatar The fracture is still clearly seen but it looks like there is some evidence of bone callous formation indicating healing. It's a little hard to tell for sure from my viewing of the x-ray.

I would strongly recommend that you follow the advice of your orthopedic surgeon regarding when to start using your arm more. Your surgeon knows your particular case the best.

Best wishes.
 steve f - Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:18 pm

Thanks for the reply.here is another view of the fracture.
[img][img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/stvmoto/IMG_0282.jpg[/img]

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here