Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Lower spinal pain and stings in lower right abdomen

koja20 - Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:45 pm

I am male, 20 years old.

My problem seems a bit complicated to me. About 5 days ago I started having very light, not so painful stings in my lower right abdomen. I didn't think much of it until I woke up the next day with it again and it lasted all day. The pain isn't always there. The stings happen about every 5-minutes and they last less than a second except for a few that lasted for about 2 seconds.

I have also been having lower spinal pain more often with this new abdominal pain. I had it before, long before my abdominal pains and I am sure it is due to sitting down for long periods of time. The pain in my lower spine is more of a discomfort telling me to stand up and stretch, which I do and the pain goes away. But ever since the lower right abdominal stings the lower spinal pain seems to linger with some relief while standing and stretching but it doesn't go completely away.

I am able to sleep with no problems. The pain, spinal and abdominal, doesn't seem to happen at all while sleeping or laying down or atleast if it does its not enough to keep me up or wake me up. When I do wake up in the morning, about half an hour after getting out of bed the random stings and lower spinal pain start happening again. My first thought was a problem with my right kidney and I quickly looked up symptoms of kidney infection and I have none of them. So the fear of infection has nearly left me.

My question is, could the lower spinal pain be the cause of my lower right abdominal stings and what else has been known to cause sudden, 1-2 second minor stings in the lower right abdomen?
 koja20 - Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:19 pm

Information was given to me in this topic by Dr. Chan Lowe

http://www.doctorslounge.com/infections ... hp?t=15661

I'm just trying to seperate the spinal pain with the abdominal pain if it is 2 different things or if they are in some way related.

|