Forum Name: Degenerative Bone Diseases

Question: Lower back has hurt constantly for the last year

lilylenay - Wed May 16, 2007 2:16 am

for the last year my lower back has hurt constantly. And not just a little bit either. Thean the pain spread to my legs but especially my left hip and calves. There are times it hurts so bad that I have a really hard time walkin.i have had a doctor say say he thought it was either bursitis or tendonitis. I am currently taking 2 anti-inflammatory pills per day and 3 ibuprofen's x's 2-3 per day. and that doesn't make it stp hurting at all. I have had blood work done. Not sure of the exact tests,but so far everything has been normal. I am 21 and I feel 60. It makes it hard for me to take care of my 9 month old daugter sometimes. Degenerative disc disease runs on my dad's side of the family,and on my mom's it's tumors and degenerative bone and joint disease. If you could please give me some ideas I would appreciate it very much. Thanx for your time

amber
 Marceline F, RN - Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:11 am

User avatar Dear Amber,
Our lower back is a very fragile area and easily prone to injury. Doing simple things such as carrying your precious child on one hip all the time can "throw" your back out, as well as wrong turning to pick up heavy loads. The Lumbar region and the Sacroiliac joints have both been culpable of causing great pain when injured!
While I respect and appreciate your primary's attention to your complaint, frequently allopathic medicine practitioners prefer medicinal interventions and do not choose to perform manipulation of these areas back into proper alignment. It may be of value to contact your insurance company to see who they will authorize: Chiropractic Physicians or Doctors of Osteopathy (DO) whose practice includes direct hands on manipulation and realignment of spinal subluxations. It would be well worth your while to explore Chiropractic care to solve your problem.
 greeneyes58 - Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:09 pm

age 49 female, I had lower back pain and sciatica for 7 years, and suffered so much with the pain, I can truly sympathize so much with you. I went to a wonderful pain doctor and he caurterize the nerves in my lower back and I have no more pain at all, I am pain free. I have heard this works for some people but then some it doesnt. So good luck and I wish you well. Greeneyes58

|