Forum Name: Joint surgery

Question: Hip Replacement Surgery

femalehelpinghand - Sun May 20, 2007 5:58 pm

My husband is 71 and I am 70. We are very sexual. At least three times a week. He is a canidate for hip replacemnt per doctor. Does the fact that we do Doggie Sex 70% of the time worsen this and if he has the surgery will we be able to do this after? One other question is how soon and will this impair our sex life? If possible seeing I am having a rough time with my hips too, is this rough on me despite the erotic thrill of it? Thanks.
 Marceline F, RN - Sun May 27, 2007 4:50 am

User avatar Dear Femalehelping hand,
A happy and healthy sex life is important at any age in which you are wishing and able to participate. There are people with many diverse impairments who are having sexually satisfying relationships. Your doctor, and your husband's doctor are the best ones to answer the question you pose, since they are better acquainted with both of your general health concerns as well as any specific health issues. Hip replacements have come a long way since their development. Each person's recovery will be unique to their individual ability to recover, their will to recover, and the nature of the specific replacement technique deemed most appropriate. Your/his team of specialists can best advise you. Please consider that hip replacement may offer a better quality of life not only in your special times together,but the rest of the non-sexual day. It seems to me that the potential to have a stronger independence overall is a strong selling point to having the surgery done - regardless of whether you may have to delay your sexual relationships or change your techniques.

|