Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Low back pain with front thigh pain

cookiepls - Thu May 31, 2007 8:33 am

49 year old woman with history of repeated minor back, neck, and knee injuries or strains from past manual labor work. Past diagnosis: c-spine and lower back muscle spasms.
No surgeries or family history. Taking 600 mg of Motrin to ease some of the pain.

I suspect, from reading articles, I may have Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction but my doctor suspects a possible disk compression. I will be getting an MRI in a couple of weeks.

I know thigh pain can be related to Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction but is "front" thigh pain related to it? The thigh and lower back pain always happen concurrently.

Thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:28 pm

User avatar There are a few possibilities. It may be that you have some nerve compression in the spine causing some pain in the leg. It may also be referred pain to the thigh (where the thigh itself is not actually hurting but feels as though it does because nerves that run along the same area are irritated from something else).

The MRI should be very helpful in sorting this out for you.