News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Knee issues

mugen - Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:25 pm

I was in a motorcycle crash on the morning of July 4th where I slammed itno a retaining wall along the highway. My leg was pinned between the bike and the wall as I tryng to maintain the bike on 2 wheels. My leg has some nice road rash, which Im not to concerned with, but its my knee.

I can only flex my knee so much ( because of the road rash ), there is no pain on he inside of the knee ( the fold ), or if I press on what would be my knee cap, but it is pretty swollen and there is bruising on the inside of the knee. Also the area around the knee is quite mushy. My concern is that my leg looks off axis compared to my other leg. I can walk on it, but only after standng a few minutes till I get used to it.

Should I be worried, could I have really messed up my knee, or is it just bruised and looking funny cause of the swelling? Thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:40 pm

User avatar If your knee isn't too painful it is probably just bruised. However, there are lots of ligaments, bones, and muscles involved in the knee area. I would recommend that you be evaluated formally to be sure that everything is OK. It would be unfortunate to miss something and end up with some permanent limitations in your knee movement.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here