News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Understanding MRI & CT results

daesnana - Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:35 pm

Hi,
I am a 47 yr. old female. I have had a fusion at l 4-5, a laminectomy at l 4,a fusion at c 5-6 & 6-7. I'm getting scheduled for a Intrathecal drug delivery box. I was confused about some of the test results, does it sound like anything needs fixed before I get the pain box?
MRI was from 04/07 :
At LI -2, there is mild degenerative disk bulge with no evidence for disk herniation or stenosis.
At L2- 3, there is grade 1 retrolisthesis, with the eccentric left paramedian disk osteophyte complex. Combination of findings produces moderate stenosis of left lateral recess, with possible slight mass effect on lateral recess L3 root, when combined with posterior facet hypertrophy. There is mild central stenosis at right lateral recess narrowing.
At L3- 4, there is mild degenerative disk bulge, without significant lateral recess or central stenosis.
CT on 6/07 :
There is severe L2-L3 disk joint space narrowing with vacuum phenomena. In addition soft tissue prominence centrally and toward the left L2-L3 perineural recess is identified. There is in addition thickening of the left L4 nerve root.
Changes post L1-L2 laminectomy and diskectomy. The presence of air within
this space suggest active degenerative process. There is in addition defect
to the contrast colon central and left lateral into the neural recess. This
finding could be postsurgical. Clinical correlation is suggested.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:58 pm

User avatar Hi Daesnana,

This is far from my area of expertise but it appears that you may have a significant area of narrowing in the L2-L3 space.

My best recommendation for you would be to talk with your spine surgeon. If you are having neurological symptoms that are associated with the L2-L3 area you may need something done. It's is best to get an expert opinion, though.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here