Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Lower back pain

Hunter29 - Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:44 am

Hi i am a 29 year old women i have noticed latley when i sit down eg at the computer or at table i get bad pain at the very bottom of my spine above my anus. I went also for a recent massage and the pain in that area when the pressed was very sore, I also have been passing blood sometimes from my back passage when i am passing but only sometime but it is not painfull.

I also have not had my periods for a few months, and i am always TIERD. but this has been an on going thing since have 16 but alot more tierd of late.

I am hoping and thinking none of them are related but i was looking for some advice.

Pauline[/quote]
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:55 am

User avatar I would recommend that you start with a complete physical examination. Tell the doctor all your symptoms so he/she can help you in the best way possible.

For my best guess: It is possible it could be coccydynia, which is really a collection of conditions with different causes and treatments. The pain can disappear spontaneously or with treatment. In some cases it can continue for years, possibly worsening. It is five times more common in women than men and it appears that in most cases the pain is caused by an unstable coccyx, which causes chronic inflammation.

Hormonal variations can also affect this condition and your varying menstrual pattern might also be consistent with this. Blood would not necessarily be associated however, so we may be off base here. I think it's worth investigating the possibility. An orthopedic specialist would be the one to consult for this condition.

Good luck with this.

|