Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: lower back pain and pain by left rib cage

taz - Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:47 pm

I am 39 and have had pain traveling it seems throughout my body. It started and still is by my left rib cage. I have bloating and not the pain is in my lower back by buttocks. This pain comes and goes. Lately it has stayed more then usual. I have had a pelvic ultrasound and all was fine. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for 8/21 but I wasn't having the pain in my back as much when I was at my last doctors appt. The pain goes from a burn sometimes to just aching others. My bones also are cracking/popping more often. It doesn't hurt but wasn't happening before. Especially in my back/hip area. I am concerned and nervous. No weight loss/gain just feel as though I am losing my mind. My primary care said she didn't know what else to do. She has ran a ct scan, bone scan and chest x-ray over the last 6 months and nothing shows. No blood in my stool either. Blood work comes back fine showing no inflammation is what my gyn said. What could this be? Thank you for your time.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:02 am

User avatar Hi Taz,

It sounds as if you've had a thorough work up. Having the colonoscopy may actually help to be sure you don't have an inflammatory bowel disease.

If your pain is cyclic with your menses it may be related to endometriosis.

If you are continuing to have pain that is not able to be diagnosed you may want to see a rheumatologist.

Best wishes. I hope you find some answers soon.

|