Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Lower-right back pain

ks1 - Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:06 am

Hi, I am using my parents account but I am only 15 years old. I have pain in the lower-right back (if that is even a place). I am a male. I have not had any problems with my back in the past. It hurts to do anything physical except laydown flat. I am using "Vicks" because I don't have any other alternative sadly. What should I do and what is this considered?

PS. I usually play on the computer or my game systems for around 4 hrs a day (stopping in the middle for food and snacks and to watch tv)
A few weeks ago I was picking up something heavy and might of pulled a muscle or something :(
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:00 pm

User avatar Hi Ks1,

It sounds like you may have a pulled muscle in your back. This condition generally improves with rest and some anti-inflammatories.

If your pain is not getting better you should see your doctor.

missbee - Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:35 pm

I think I also pulled a muscle, but I'm not sure.

I'm 31 & female. 2 nights ago, I lifted my pelvis to remove a heat pad I had placed under my back due to light back pain I had gotten from working out earlier that day (haven't worked out in a while...). Then suddenly it was like something snapped! By pelvis dropped to the bed and I couldn't lift it anymore. I was in excruciating pain and couldn't stay in one position for more than a few minutes before being forced to move due to the pain. Moving in itself caused more pain making it nearly impossible to sleep.

In any case, the following day it took me a long while to get up due to the pain - thankfully I wasn't working. My mother who's a nurse, said I have to get up and get my muscles moving or else they might cramp up, so i did - although it hurt.

Today I'm feeling about 50% better; i.e. I am more moble, but there is still pain. I know it's hard to diagnose without an x-ray, but given my description, would you say that i probably pulled a muscle and, as you advised the young man earlier, need time to heal?? If so what else can i do to speed up the healing process?

Thanks.

|