Forum Name: Joint surgery

Question: tearing feeling in my palm???

dcvingeklipz99 - Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:54 pm

I am male, 23 yrs old, was at work lifting heavy items and I felt a sharp pain in my palm. So now when im driving or doing daily activities I can feel a short small tear in my palm and Its been almost 3 weeks now it hasn't gone away. Anytime I move my arm and my hand a certain way I can feel the tear. It was a sharp pain when it first happend now it just has the tearing feeling. any Idea and what should I do about it?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:01 pm

User avatar Hi Dcvingeklipz99,

There are many structures in the hand. There is a lot of fibrous tissue in the hand to keep the tendons, muscles, and bones where they belong. It may be that you have torn part of this fibrous tissue.

If this feeling persists I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation just to make sure that there isn't something going on that may need treatment.

|