Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: pain in nerves

allee - Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:10 pm

I am a 54 year old female. I am currently on Zithromax for an ear infection. All of sudden I have been having pain just like I had when I had shingles before. It started in my armpit and seemed to travel around to the other side and now it just hurts in the middle of my back between my shoulder blades. It is more a burning sensation instead of pain. There are no blisters like shingles. I am had chicken pox when I was 5, a very mild case of them and had shingles once before about 20 years ago. The skin hurts to touch on my back, my neck and in my armpits and one place on my chest.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:19 pm

User avatar Hi Allee,

This pain may be due to emerging shingles. Sometimes the pain can begin before the rash appears.

If it continues I would recommend you see your doctor to have this evaluated.

|