Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Weird issue! butt bone pain!

CandiR - Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:39 pm

I am a 20 year old female. I have been diagnosed with a ruptured ovarian cyst a while ago and have a little fluid nothing to worrie about. I have been in one car accident (pretty bad) but that was over 5 years ago. taking percocet for pain! okay I have had this on going issue since i was a child my mom sent me to the doctor when i was really younge for it and they did not find anything but they ran no tests and just did a phsyical. When i had my chil di had to be rushed to the er because i could not move because of the problem and they had to induce me early because of it. I have this weird pain that i get it starts out in my bones it feels like...Like deep in my butt bones. all the way into my hips and my lower back. It starts out of no where but gets worse if its very cold outside or if I walk os sometimes even sit to mich. once it starts to come on it take over 2 days to feel better. The pain is not like life threatening but it kinda feels like something it scraping at my bones. I can feel at time s it feels like the are grinding together but it does not feel like the excrusiationg pain that that would cause. it more like a internal scraping feeling. It also gets this numb tingly feeling in my bones. It has gotten worse from when i was a child. and now that i have a child i move around alot more nad it hurts more and comes on more. I would say i have about 10 to 15 experiences with this a month. Well the other day I was going to the bathroom just sat down to go pee adn I got the excvrusiationg pain in my lower back. I tried standing up and it hurt more i sat down adn it it more I tried moving and layign down and just anything that i thought would help adn it all made it worse it only lasted for about 2 minutes but it felt like my back was breaking in slow motion. It even hurt to breath. it came on so sudden! then a couple days later i was sitting at the dinning roomtable eating and it came on agin only worse. I have a very arhced lower back adn when i went to get up i realised that my lower back was completly straight which is very impossible i thought like someone was pushing through my stomach onto my spine to straighten it out completty like my spine got stuck. the wierdest feeling ever liek my back was breaking and like evry move i made made it worse. it has been a couple days since it has happened but I was wondering if the two things are symptoms of the same thing. I am going to he doctor again saturday for this pain because it scares me! please just help me! what do you think is wrong with me!

thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:05 pm

User avatar Hi CandiR,

I'm not sure I'll be much help for you. I wonder if, perhaps, you are having some pinched nerves in your back causing your pain.

You may want to see an orthopedic surgeon. An MRI of your lower spine may be helpful.

I hope you are able to get some answers. Best wishes.

|