News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Broken Knuckle/Hand ?

Devvie - Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:06 am

Well it happend yesterdaynight when i hit a boxing machine, i fully hit the iron bar above it instead of the boxing ball..

My right hand center knuckle has grown about double it's size if not bigger and the area behind the knuckle has swollen a bit aswell. There is no pain involved if i don't move my middlefinger, I can still make a fist but stretching my finger gives quiet a sting besides that my middelfinger and the area around the knuckle feels a bit stiff.

Now my question is because i'm currently on holidays untill the third of september if i could wait with going to the doctor untill i'm back at home. And i wonder what your diagnoses is, broken, bruised or anything els alltough i know it's almost impossible to determine without actually seeing it and feeling it and even then it can be tough without on x-ray but i'll respect your toughts and your opinion very much.

I'm 21 years old male.

Greets
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:09 pm

User avatar Hi Greets,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post. If you are still having pain I would most definitely advise you to be seen.

The mechanism of injury could produce enough force to cause a fracture. The only way to tell this from a severe bruise would be an x-ray.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here