News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Pain and swelling after Tibia sugery

SONGURAI - Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:05 pm

I am 30 year old male I broke my tibia and fibula in a motorcycle accident on june 18 (three months ago) i had surgery using a nail and 2 screws.
The healing seems to be going well, I am walking around ok but I still have swelling at my knee and all the way down my leg I also sometimes have a great deal of pain when i am laying down for a short period of time and then move my leg,it seems odd because i never have this pain when there is weight on it anyway
maybe you could help me with some advice
Thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:31 pm

User avatar Hi Songurai,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your question. The board is quite busy.

If you are still having this swelling I would suggest you see your orthopedic surgeon again. It may be that there is simply some scar tissue and fluid remaining from the trauma and surgery but this usually resolves faster than this. An unlikely possibility is some sort of reaction to the plate and screws.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here