News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: pain 6 months post spinal fusion

beckyp1997 - Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:42 pm

Hi I am a 31 year old female I had a lumbar spinal fusion 6 months ago(L1 S5) I fell at work 5 days ago and the doctor took an xray and said everything was ok but, I have bad pain in my back and I have left leg pain. I t seems like the doctors a just ignoring my complaints. This is true pain and I don't know what I should do next. M y fusion was a result of a fractured vertebrete on the right side due to an unknown reason. N ow my left side hurts the same as the right did. W hat should my next step be and how can I get the doctor to believe and help me? A ny help would be great. Currently taking OTC pain relievers.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:20 pm

User avatar Hi,
I'm sorry it took so long for someone to answer your question. I hope by now you are doing better but if not, you should go back to your doctor. There are times when they are not able to see fractures or other problems initially that later become apparent. Your doctor needs to know what you are going through.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here