Question: Knuckle Bone Fragment in Hand

mrdoctor - Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:35 pm

Hello, I just hit my knuckle on a hard object about 20 minutes ago and i have noticed that i have a bump on the side of my pointing finger knuckle, going towards my thumb. it can move around a little but it stays in the same area. I was wondering if this can heal on its own and if it does will there be problems with joints down the road??

please advise
 mrdoctor - Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:46 pm

i did a little research and i think i chipped where the metacarpal and proximal meed, on the proximal side, where it gets bigger at the joint to join to the metacarpal, i believe i chipped that off and its floating around the joint area/ behind the knuckle on the metacarpal

|