Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Pain and limited motion on right side of body!!

providence210 - Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:46 pm

is structural. I'm a 38 year old woman who has been experiencing pain for many years, mainly on my right side. It's been getting worse. I've had many tests to rule out organ related causes. I've had alot of blood work and everything is normal. I was diagnosed with spondylolithesis grade1 in my L4 area. I'm not on any meds. The pain is getting worse. I think it might be structural, but not sure. It hurts from my right foot to the top of my head on the right side.Lately, when I use my right arm, I have to stop because of the pain. Any advice would be helpful!!

P.S. I got hit by a car when I was 6, could this be arthiritis or something from that impact?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:59 pm

User avatar Hi Providence210,

With pain from the head to the toe, in order to isolate the problem to only one area, the problem would need to be somewhere higher than the brainstem. It is pretty hard to tie all this together in one problem but a spinal cord issue would not be able to cause pain from head to toe unless it was at the very top (which is unlikely).

I would recommend you see a neurologist for further evaluation.

|