News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Osteoporosis

Question: Finger bone pain?

beachfamily5 - Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:50 pm

Hi. I am a 37 yo female. Just had 3rd child 6mo ago. I had noticed my hands bothering me while pg, but just chalked it up to that,being pregnant. Well it is 6mo later and they seem to be getting worse. It got much worse 2m ago and I then thought maybe my wedding ring was bothering my left ring finger so removed it. But the finger still hurts,as does pinky next to it and now all the finger joints in middle and top of finger closest to finger nail are basically achy,even to the touch. But the left ring finger in particular feels really almost like it has a bruise,but nothing is visible and it has been like this for over 2mo. It is whole top side mid section of finger. When I wake in morning they are worst,or if I wake in middle of night . I can not fully bend my hands,they feel somewhat swollen and stiff. By afternoon they are not too bad,except that left finger always hurts.
I have been not feeling well since having baby, was finally dx w/ reflux about 3-4m ago and just finished nexium. My throat does feel maybe 85% better with all that,but now I have this hand thing really bothering me.I was thinking RA,lyme,something from the nexium maybe???(but I stopped nexium a couple w/ ago).
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:46 pm

User avatar Hi Beachfamily5,

There are a few possibilities. RA certainly can cause finger pain. In addition, the distribution you are describing may indicate some inflammation or compression of the radial or ulnar nerve.

I would recommend you see your doctor about this for further evaluation. I think it is unlikely that this is related to the nexium.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here