Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: still suffering with backpain after going to chiropractor

weav6102 - Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:47 pm

age:20 sex:female

I started to feel pain in my back in April. It started out only when I was doing laundry. Then I couldnt stand or walk for 15 minutes. I took tylenol and heat packs and nothing worked. I went to the chiropractor in September. He took xrays and confirmed that I had curvature in my lower back and a condition in which my bones didnt form the right way when I was growing. I had to go back every other day for a month (with a $20 copay which got expensive). I got my back cracked, got stretched out, and went through therapy where they put these tingly stickers and a hot pack on my back and I laid on a massage bed thing. My back felt better for a couple of days while going but it still hurt. The doctor released me at the end of September and Im back to square one. My back is still constantly hurting and I cant stand or walk without pain. I cant afford to keep going to the chiropractor. I don't know what else to do. Please help me. I want to feel 20 again.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:33 pm

User avatar You may want to consider seeing an orthopedic specialist. There are some back problems that need a different kind of doctor. You have done a lot already and yet you are still in pain. You should be able to get some answers.

|