News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: chronic back pain

asweetsilence - Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:53 pm

Here's everything about my back problem:

I'm a teenager, a girl, I'm tall and thin, and I've been having lower back pain for over 2 years now. I play a lot of sports but recently had to quit because the hard contact caused me extreme pain and I could not continue. I tried to rest my back for long periods of time and I thought it helped but once I went back to playing sports the pain returned.
The pain is gradual. It starts out as an ache and then it starts to feel like I have to stretch it, but stretching doesn't work. In fact, it might make it worse, but I can't be sure. Then it turns into sharp pains that I feel when I twist or turn quickly. Sometimes it will be the left lower back that hurts, and sometimes the right side, it tends to alternate sides.
I've seen so many doctors I can't even count them all, and they mostly say that I need to rest for a long time and that I might have to just stay out of sports. but I CANT to that. I can't live with hearing that this back pain is going to keep me from playing sports at the level I want for the rest of my life.
Just when I think the pain has gone away, I push myself a little further than I have in the past, and everything I've worked for is gone. The pain returns, and I'm out of the sport. Somebody PLEASE help me. I'm out of ideas. Painkillers work for a day or two, but then my body becomes resistant to them. I tried a back brace but it doesn't do anything & it's so uncomfortable. help me!!!
 asweetsilence - Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:57 pm

I should add that I have had x-rays and MRI's and they confirmed that I don't have a herniated disc, nor sciatica, pulled muscle, scoliosis or a broken bone.
 Aeroman - Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:57 am

just curious, did u resolve this?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here