Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: chronic back pain

asweetsilence - Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:53 pm

Here's everything about my back problem:

I'm a teenager, a girl, I'm tall and thin, and I've been having lower back pain for over 2 years now. I play a lot of sports but recently had to quit because the hard contact caused me extreme pain and I could not continue. I tried to rest my back for long periods of time and I thought it helped but once I went back to playing sports the pain returned.
The pain is gradual. It starts out as an ache and then it starts to feel like I have to stretch it, but stretching doesn't work. In fact, it might make it worse, but I can't be sure. Then it turns into sharp pains that I feel when I twist or turn quickly. Sometimes it will be the left lower back that hurts, and sometimes the right side, it tends to alternate sides.
I've seen so many doctors I can't even count them all, and they mostly say that I need to rest for a long time and that I might have to just stay out of sports. but I CANT to that. I can't live with hearing that this back pain is going to keep me from playing sports at the level I want for the rest of my life.
Just when I think the pain has gone away, I push myself a little further than I have in the past, and everything I've worked for is gone. The pain returns, and I'm out of the sport. Somebody PLEASE help me. I'm out of ideas. Painkillers work for a day or two, but then my body becomes resistant to them. I tried a back brace but it doesn't do anything & it's so uncomfortable. help me!!!
 asweetsilence - Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:57 pm

I should add that I have had x-rays and MRI's and they confirmed that I don't have a herniated disc, nor sciatica, pulled muscle, scoliosis or a broken bone.
 Aeroman - Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:57 am

just curious, did u resolve this?

|