Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Lower back pain to lower front abdominal

Eros - Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:34 am

Im a 43 yoa male 240 lbs with a slight degenerated disk (cat scan) and a colon colonoscopy. I have small internal hemorrhoids that usually bleed when I drink alcoholic beverages, and was prescribed Proctofoam for this condition, but it doesn't seem to work.
I now have a problem that has been occurring only when I sleep at night. I have lower back pain that travels to my lower left front quadrant just below my waistline. The pain occurs only at night when I sleep and it causes moderate pain when I try to roll over in bed. Usually I have to grab hold of the side of the bed to rollover.
I have no pain in this area during the day and can do regular activities without any signs of pain. During the summer I did remove a tanning bed that was heavier then I ever thought and had slight pain. I have no bumps or bulges that I can feel in the area and this problem happens at night only. Any Ideas what is causing the pain?
 Eros - Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:03 pm

Ok now my pain is concentrated on my lower left side below my waistline and just above my groin. The pain only occurs at night,and it feels like you are
squeezing a sponge with the tightness. I still have no pain during the day and it's not sore when i touch the area to se if I can feel any lumps.

|