Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Burning Pain in middle of the back near the spine

CANEbugg23 - Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:10 pm

I am a 31 year old female with no history of back pain. I have only had 2 surgeries, one c-section and the other was to remove my gall bladder. About a week ago I started having a burning pain in the middle of my back right on my spine. Over the last couple of days the pain has gotten worse to where it hurts to do just about anything. The pain doesn't go down my legs or anything, just stays in the middle of my back. I'm not sure if I need to see a doctor or if this is something that will heal on its own. Any help or advise would be great...Thanks for your time CANEbugg23
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:39 pm

User avatar Hi Canebugg23,

I would recommend you see your doctor to have this evaluated. This may be an infection of one of the vertebrae (the spinal bone). These can be very serious so it is important to be evaluated for this.

This may be something less serious like a pulled muscle but it is best to be safe.

|