News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: severe lower left back pain

kittycatmahee - Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:42 pm

I am a 45 year old female and have fractured my C7 and my coccyx in car injuries. I have had a bone removed from my hip and fused to my C7. I am an alcoholic and have a family history of good health except the alcoholism. I am currently taking darvocet for the back pain but it is not working. I was assualted 4 days ago by another female who thought i was with her husband. she beat me pretty good. all the pain has gone away except my lower left back it is hurting so bad. i did not get an xray as I was ashamed and scared of her. I went home and laid down and it hurts so bad. I am not bleeding, i had a fever for 2 days and it does not hurt to urinate, or burn.
I am afraid to go see what is wrong with me. but it hurts so bad I can sit for an hour but I have to go lie down. the darvocet does not help. we are in middle of an ice storm in oklahoma and I can not get to a hospital or clinic what should Ido?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:31 pm

User avatar Hi Kittycatmahee,

With this degree of pain I am concerned that something severe may be going on. I would advise you to seek medical evaluation. I know ice storms are dangerous so I would recommend you go as soon as you feel you can. If your pain gets worse or you feel you are in danger you should call 911.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here